hoa. I cannot believe it’s been 2 years since I posted here. I tend to use this blog as my contribution to the online professional educators discourse and to document my learning at conferences and courses.. I apparently did not blog my participation the past two years for my Librarian Part 2 certification, Edcamp Barrie 2, The Push your learning conference, the OLA super conference, two Simcoe County library symposiums, and an ETFO summer Library academy.
But here I am today. I use this space as my backup brain so here goes:
— Mr. McGaughey (@bayviewlibrary) October 1, 2016
My first session Engaging Parents <– See session notes.
There have been some great ideas for engaging and connecting with parents.
Some of the best:
- Community clothing swap room
- Remind APP to connect with parents directly (easy to use, GO to the parents with the form)
- Invite parents for “Family Fridays!” last 30 minutes of the day. Build an inquiry together:)
- # 1 It’s all about relationships… with parents, with students, with colleagues.
We don’t teach subjects – we teach children!
I hung out in the math playground and played with the stuff:
- www.megamenger.com Making growing fractal cubes with business card sized pieces of cardstock.
- I had a gread discussion in the Math Playground with a math resource teacher and a principal about putting an intentional Math focus into our STEAM activities.